In this tutorial I will show All Gurus how to create and upload a torrent file step by step using a freeware called utorrent.
It is also important that you understand a little about how torrents
work. Torrents are the best way to share files. To download a torrent
file you need a torrent client like utorrent, or bittorrent etc.
you download a torrent you are downloading direct from other people
like yourself, there are no central servers. People who have a full
copy of the files and are uploading them are called 'seeds'. People who
have part of the files and are downloading them are called 'leechers' or 'peers'. Peers also upload as they download.
if you are planning to upload a torrent you must make sure that you
will be able to seed it for long enough for people to download a full
copy of the files from you.
Lets get started:
01. Download the utorrent from here, utorrent or from here, all other version for creating and downloading the torrent files. It doesn't need installation, just execute the package.
02. Now when you open the utorrent and click the icon shown below:
Or you can click Ctrl+N or go to 'File -> Create New Torrent...' under file menu.
03. A box will appear as shown below. If you are to upload a single file then click 'Add file' (1). If you are uploading a folder with 2 or more files in it then click 'Add directory' (2). Here I'll add a directory, but the principle is just the same if you are uploading a single file.
04. Now browse to the folder which you want to upload. Then click 'OK'.
05. Now comes the most important part. You now have to fill the URLs of the trackers you wish to use.
They are of two types: a> Public trackers [accessible by everyone] b> Private trackers [available only to private members]
For private trackers, look in the trackers area of the private torrent service provider.
06. Now fill in the URLs of the trackers, either from above or the ones you wish to use. If you want to use more than one tracker then separate each tracker URL with a blank line.
copyright-protected material might be prohibited by law in some
countries. Torrent sites not take any responsibility for your
07. Now tick the 'Start seeding box'
And then click 'Create and save as...' button
08. A new window will pop up asking you to select the place to save the .torrent file. Select the place and then click on 'Save' button
Now when the uploading is done 100% in utorrent then go to your
favorite torrent site and upload the .torrent file which you have saved
in the previous step.
Now download the uploaded torrent file and navigate it to the folder
which you used to create the torrent file. When done 100% downloading
leave it for seeding so that others downloading your torrent file gets