» HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR MTN FASTLINK MODEM Firmware
HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR MTN FASTLINK MODEM Firmware
If you are using MTN Fastlink Modem to surf the Internet,
recommends that you update your F@stLink Data modem firmware to the
latest available version to ensure that you always receive the best MTN
Broadband user experience.
What is the difference between Firmware and Software?
Your F@stLink Data modem relies on two applications or programs to be
able to connect to the MTN network. One application is installed on the
modem itself and the other application installed on your computer that
the card is used with. The Application that is installed on the modem
is called Firmware and the application that is installed on your
computer is called Software.
Why download the UI software:
This software is the latest version of software to upgrade your modem
UI, which includes some of the features that are non-existent on other
UI’s. Some of these features includes:
* The ability to load Prepaid airtime
* The ability to check airtime balance
* The ability to purchase MTN data and SMS bundles
How to check if you have latest version:
* Launch the modem UI (dashboard)
* Go to the "Help” option on the top menu and click on it
* This will then bring up a window displaying the version that you’re
currently on. The version number would be represented in the following
manner, MTN F@stLink 11.002.03.14.67
* From this number, the version number will be the second last two
digits (highlighted in bold above) which will indicate what version
you’re currently using.
* Should the version of your modem be below 14, then you will require an upgrade.
So, if you want to Upgrade right now or want to read more, go to
MTN DEVICE DOWNLOADS PAGE
Category: Internet Blog |
Views: 567 |