8:06 PMRecover Scratched CDs And DVDs
How to Recover Scratched CD’s As A Guru.
Once it did happen to me that I got to retrieve a family photo and
some documents from a CD which I have written a long time, but when I
inserted the disk onto the CD-ROM, the system hangs or struck whenever
I open the CD to browse it. But by adopting the following tips, I was
successful in recovering most of the data from the scratched CD.
Recover CD/DVD Using Softwares: There are many
softwares available on the net, which enable the recovery of the CD
data. BadCopy Pro is one such software, which can be used to recover
destroyed data and files from a range of media.
* Always wipe the CD from the center outward with straight spoke-like strokes. Wiping CDs in circles will create more scratches.
* Do not scratch the graphics layer as you cannot repair the disc.
HINT: Hold the disc up to a light with the graphics layer facing the light source. If you can see light thru the scratches at any point then the disc may be irreparable and or exhibit loading or playing errors.
* Clean your Disc players lens regularly with a suitable product to ensure optimal viewing pleasure.
* Make sure to use a soft, lint-free cloth to clean both sides of the disc. Wipe in a straight line from the centre of the disc to the outer edge.
* If wiping with a cloth does not remove a fingerprint or smudge, use a specialized DVD disc polishing spray to clean the disc
|Total comments: 1|