0:05 AMHow to modify exe files [PC]
How to modify *.exe files
learn how to change *.exe files, in 5 easy steps:
1) Don’t try to modify a prog by editing his source in a dissasembler.Why?
try to view it in hex you’ll only get tons of crap you don’t understand.
2) Unzip the archive, and run ResHacker.exe. You can check out the help file too
3) You will see that the interface is simple and clean. Go to the menu FileOpen or press Ctrl+O to open a file. Browse your way to the file you would like to edit. You can edit *.exe, *.dll, *.ocx, *.scr and *.cpl files, but this tutorial is to teach you how to edit *.exe files, so open one.
4) In the left side of the screen a list of sections will appear.
5) In the RCData,Dialog,Menu and String table sections you can do a lot of changes. You can modify or translate the text change links, change buttons, etc.TIP: To change a window title, search for something like: CAPTION "edit this”.
TIP: After all operations press the "Compile Script” button, and when you’re done editing save, your work @ FileSave(Save as).
TIP: When you save a file,the original file will be backed up by default and renamed to Name_original and the saved file will have the normal name of the changed prog.
TIP: Sometimes you may get a message like: "This program has a non-standard resource layout… it has probably been compressed with an .EXE compressor.” That means that Resource Hacker can’t modify it because of it’s structure
|Total comments: 0|