Main » 2011 » March » 3 » How Gurus select server in UC Browser 7.4 EN Official S60
How Gurus select server in UC Browser 7.4 EN Official S60
How to select server in UC Browser 7.4 EN Official S60
How to select server in UC Browser 7.4 English official release for S60 after installation.
As we know UC Browser 7.4 English official release
having 4 server languange options can be selected at first instalation
(India, Indonesian, US and Other) related with UcBrandInfo.dat file. In this version have 3 main server value (Bid Value) as:
* 350 (Indonesia)
* 351 (Indian)
* 352 (US & Other)
inside the UcBrowserEn.app (S60v2) and UcBrowserEn_Signed.exe (S60v3 & S60v3) files.
Here my tutorial to switching server form 350 into other Bid (351 & 352) or reversal.
You need an hex viewer/editor tool like Lcg Xplore or Zntxhan, etc.
I recommended to use Xplore coz its friendly to use.
This the main step to switching server: 1. Open your Xplore go to System=> Apps=>
UcBrowserEn (S60v2) folder in C or E disk depending you installing UC
Browser. For S60v3 and S60v5 go to Private Folder (but make sure to
enable open4all to accessing private folder).
2. Find UcBrandInfo.dat file and open it with hex editor. (on Xplore press key "8".
3. It will showing hex value e.g "02 00 00" on hex screen (in my phone).
4. See the hex value in left side. You will find "01, 02, 03, or 04" depending with UC Bid you are using now.
5. Now change the value on left e.g. "02" into "01" or "02" then save your work. This value as related with UC Bid Value (UC Server) which:
- 01 for Indian Server (351)
- 02 for Indonesian Server (350)
- 03 for U.S Server (352) and
- 04 for Other Server (352).
6. To view result for this change you can run UC Browser and go to
Menu=> Help=> About. See on text UCWEB Version near Pf27 it will
changed to (en-us), (en-id) or (en-in).